Saturday, August 28, 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure...


I feel a little overwhelmed with how much I have to blog, so I thought I would do a post-lite. Here are some pictures from Canada that just make me smile (and out right laugh). Baby deer are so cute, and we see them all over the park playing, eating, pooping (Ethan's favorite) and laying by cabins. What I had never seen is a baby deer actually sleeping. Until now: Everyone say "Ahhhh." Can it get any cuter. Yes. Another baby deer came over and was nuzzling the sleeping deer until he woke up, and they proceeded to kiss. Yes Eric, I am sure there is a technical term and reason for this, but I choose to believe that they are kissing, stop trying to ruin this for me.

We loved this sign that is new to one of the trails. It is suppose to show you that deer will attack when provoked, but to all of us it looked like the man and deer were boogieing down to some awesome tunes.

This last pictures needs a little background. There are a couple of cabins across the road from us that are all owned by a big extended family. They have LOTS of little kids running around with no supervision, and by "running around" I mean "scary Lord of the Flies running wild." It provided us hours of entertainment just watching the shenanigans of this little clan. We saw kids go off a homemade bike ramp, an improvised game of darts with sharpened sticks were kids had to run by as they were thrown (I think to weed out the weaker ones), and even a child scale a basketball hoop to climb OVER a trampoline enclosure and do a flip down off of the hoop onto the trampoline.
Then one morning the piece-de-resistance: Yes, that is a child in a lion costume riding a bicycle. It was better than the circus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the deers. Ahhh, nature :)

Heather said...

those kids sound awesome...and scary.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh!! I am laughing my head off, but seriously, where were their parents???