Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Kids First Recital

The kids (and I) have been taking piano from a real piano teacher for the last 4 months and I am truly AMAZED at their progress.  I was lucky enough to stumble on to the worlds best (for my kids) piano teacher.  He works well with Ella's drive and perfectionism, Ethan's shyness and reservedness, and my stress and anxiety.  I don't think there could be a better fit for us.  We are truly blessed to have Will as a teacher!

He really wanted to do a low stress recital for the kids, so he taped them ahead of time.  The kids are all going to get together and watch their performances while eating popcorn and candy.  I always liked the dressing up and performing in front of people, but for Ethan especially, I can see how this would be better for some of the kids. He put the videos up on his blog and gave me permission to repost them here for our friends and family to watch:
Will's Blog: Ethan Stott - Hold On!
Will's Blog: Ella Stott - Coaster Ride

3 comments:

Joy said...

Great job, Ethan and Ella!
Where's yours Nicole?

Julia said...

They did great! I love Ella's scream lip-sync in the end, so cute. And I agree with Joy, where's yours??

Joan said...

Wow, they really are good at playing the piano...especially for only 4 months training. They will have to perform for us while here.