Sunday, June 28, 2009

I HATE SNAKES


I HATE snakes. I hate the way they move. I hate the way their tongues flick around. I just hate them. I cannot see why we need them. We have coyotes, cats, and other small predators to keep other animals in check, so why even have the icky, creepy crawlies (besides to scare people)?
Unfortunately I am the only one in my family that feels that way. Fortunately I am the mom, so I set the house rules, one of which is "NO SNAKES." Poor Eric. I thought he must not be too sad about it though, because he doesn't ever complain, but then I saw his reaction when we went to California. Big Ethan, as we call him, was driving through and we got to spend about an hour with him. He had been down south snake hunting and the kids and Eric were so excited to see the spoils of his trip.
It may look like I got close to the creepy crawlies, but that's what zoom on the camera is for.
Ella thought it was great, and little Ethan even touched some. Great. 3 against 1. Fortunately my mom vote counts for 5.

No comments: