Friday, September 24, 2010

And Then There Was One...

I can't believe it finally happened. I only have 1, one, uno, une, child at home during the day. School started 2 weeks ago, right after Labor Day (which I still can't figure out what it is celebrating. Workers? Women giving birth? I should probably look it up). Nebraska only has full day Kindergarten, so Livi and I are left to our own devices from 8:05 to 3:30 every Monday through Friday. Lonely? Yes. Awesome? Yes!
For those of you who don't know: WE MOVED!!! It was a horrible, and very long process, but we are finally in our new home. Because we moved the kids are going to a new school, Longfellow. Our friends, the Bagleys, go there, as well as several other friends that the kids already know. They had built in friends there, which was a far cry from what Ethan was dealing with at the last school. We are very excited, and both kids are loving Longfellow.
Here are some pictures from the first days of school. (Ella's Kindergarten split the first day of school into 3 so only 6 or 7 kids went each day, so they could get use to it) Ethan went on Tuesday and it was a super bright morning, hence the super squinting going on. Ella was so depressed that Ethan, Caleb, and her friend Maddi all started on the same day we had to go to the Bakery, pick out a movie, and paint nails to help her feel better (oh the teenage years are going to be fun).
Ella started on Wednesday. She wanted a curly ponytail, bracelets, a headband, and her special first day dress. Because of Grandma Joan's generosity Ella was able to buy 2 other new outfits, both with skirts, so to date she has worn a skirt or dress everyday but 2. I am soooooo not sure where that girl's personality came from! It's amazing. I know teachers aren't paid well, and schools in Nebraska don't provide a whole lot of money, but I do find it a little ridiculous spending $50-$100 just on school supplies that are needed on the first day of school (they give us a list).
So what do Livi and I do with our new found alone time? We go walking with her best friend "Tarter" (Carter), we go to Walmart and don't spend hours arguing over whether or not I am going to get her a toy, we play with toys, and of course, we go to the bakery:

5 comments:

Heather said...

awesome.

Joan said...

Sounds like the kids have adjusted well to school starting and you and Livi are having fun together just the two of you. Enjoy it...she'll be going to school before you know it too.

Lindsey said...

Ella is so pretty! I want to see pictures of your new house... please :) I just went from one child to two, so the day when I'll have one left at home seems ages away. I have to say I'm kind of jealous.

Julia said...

Too cute! When are you going to put up pictures of your new house? I want to see!

Sharonbees said...

Thank goodness for the bakery - magic healer of all psychic wounds!