Sunday, October 17, 2010

Modeling Munchkins

I have lots of really cool cousins, but the one I want to mention is my cousin Andrea. Andrea has always been the artistic cousin, whom you didn't want to draw next to because your picture would look like a regular 5 year old drew it and hers would look like a post modern interpretation that should be hanging on a museum wall. Andrea's favorite cartoon character when we were little was not Strawberry Shortcake or Carebears like so many of us, but Rainbow Bright. With all her colors painting the sky it is not hard to look back and realize the draw for her.
Andrea has gone on and started a very successful alternative baby clothing website punkbabyclothes.net I mentioned this site about a year ago when the kids got their awesome ninja shirts. This summer at Aspen Grove, before the awful gut wrenching throwing up fest began in our little part of the cabin, the girls got to model some of Andrea's cool clothes for pictures for her website. It was so fun to go through all the samples she brought and try on different combinations.
Livi got to spend lots of time "playing" (posing, which Lily was MUCH better at, probably because her Grandma is Aunt Diane and she's had LOTS of practice) with her cousin Lily. She loved Lily! Andrea and my talented Aunt Diane took lots of pictures while I tried to baby wrangle and hold up sun deflector thingys to help. It was interesting to be a part of the shoot and see how seemingly random poses turned into awesome shots. I wish I had their vision.
Andrea was awesome and let the girls keep their clothes that they modeled. I would suggest checking out her site if you want something a little different for your little one. She has lots of cute items, some that are a little edgier than I care for, but lots of cute accessories, shirts, shoes, and amazing hand made tutus (made right there in Utah).
Here are some of my favorite afters:

1 comment:

Joan said...

What cute little modeling munchkins they are. I guess they take after their mother.