Friday, May 27, 2011

Ella's Six

I can't believe it, but Ella is finally 6! We all woke up bright and early (thanks to a little help from Ella), and got right to it opening presents. She was very sweet and let Livi "help" (which was awesome until Livi realized she didn't, in fact, get to keep the presents she opened). Ethan, too, had a hard time seeing Ella be the center of attention, but he came around (about 2 days later).

After all the presents were opened Ella was surprised with one more... the bike she was dying for.

She got to wear the birthday crown at school, we brought in cupcakes for her class and I read the book she picked out to them. After school we took Maddi and Caleb with us to Sonic for treats, and then played at the Bagley's. We had peach cobbler with scrambled eggs for dinner (considering I nixed the ideas of coffee cake for breakfast and doughnuts for lunch I felt I had to give in for dinner) and chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream for dessert. Happy Birthday Princess Ella!

As much as I love singing "Happy Birthday" to my kids, it is Livi's contribution that just made me smile:

3 comments:

Joan said...

Nice pictures of Ella's birthday. Nice job on the cake, too. She looks so happy with the bike.

Anonymous said...

What's a birthday without cake? It's a beauty :) I'm impressed with Ella letting Livi open up her gifts. I'm sure I wouldn't have been that generous at six years old or even now for that matter :)

Sharonbees said...

Ella looks so happy! I can't wait to see her (& the rest of you, too!) again.