Monday, June 13, 2011

Slip-And-Slide 101, the Remedial Course

I don't know how this happened, but my kids had never been on a slip and slide. Ethan went to a birthday party where they had one and he said he loved it. I decided we needed to get one since they are so cheap and to rectify this atrocity that was killing their childhood.
We finally had a day where it was warm enough to open the package and set up the slide. I put it on a slight slope, nothing to steep, and waited for them to break into the gorgeous grins that adorned the kids on the box while they slid on their cute tummies and squealed with laughter.
Well.....I should have known better:

It's kind of sad when you have to pay your kids to try something that defined your generation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that brings back memories. I don't think I would have had the intestinal fortitude (guts) to go down on my tummy :)

Tera said...

Seriously. I feel like I was just watching a replay of my kids on our slip and slide a couple weeks ago. They refused to go on their tummies...mostly than ran through it like a sprinkler and then knee slid like your kids.

When did people forget how to use a slip and slide?