Friday, July 29, 2011

Why I Don't Care If We Live Near The Beach

Driving with kids alone is always a longer and more crazy adventure than when I have a helper. I decided to break up the 10 hour (12.5 with kids) drive to California into 2 days. It worked out really well since we were going to Disneyland the next day, so we just went straight down to the beach and met up with my family at Downtown Disney that night.The kids were so excited to be at the beach. We hadn't been since Ethan and Ella were little. I received many incredulous looks when I told them to play in the "dirt" but once they figured it out they went with full gusto.
It was such a beautiful day, perfect weather and we had a blast. It made me really miss living in California... until we had to go. Cleaning off sand is the WORST (especially if you have managed to roll around it until every inch of you is completely covered). We all had sand in so many places that sand likes to go, but drives you crazy when it is there. Back at the hotel it took 3 shampoos each and there was still sand in their hair. Our tub looked like we had managed to bring back half the beach with us. Looking back it was totally worth it, but at the time I remembered exactly why I didn't miss the beach all that much.

No comments: