Monday, August 1, 2011

Dining and Drowning (Nearly) at Downtown Disney

Livi has a strange fascination with fountains. She LOVES to lean over and splash her hands in the water. There have been more times than I can count when I have had to grab hold of her before she could fall in. Well this time I wasn't fast enough.

Everything made by Disney, including Downtown Disney, is amazingly well done and cute. The fountains in the shopping area are no exception. Livi fell in love with a particularly beautiful green tiled, curvy water display. The only problem was it was tiled and curvy. She leaned over and slid right in face first. Luckily I was there to pull her right out, but she was sopping wet and mildly traumatized.

I'm wondering if Disney made that fountain slippery on purpose because we had to run over and buy Livi new clothes (which, as you know because it was Disney, was not cheap). I have to think they are not made like that maliciously since the employees were very concerned that Livi hadn't been injured in her adventure. I assured them she was fine, (i.e. we weren't going to sue), and Livi was super happy with her new, purple outfit.

Later we decided to go into Sephora, a ritzy makeup store. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to bring Olivia in with me, since she was in the stroller and couldn't get into any trouble, could she? Well I looked over and saw... Livi trying on the makeup. Thrusting my mascara at my mom I shuttled her out of there before I could get disparaging looks from the insanely beautiful and perfectly made up sales clerks.

Livi had a great time with her new outfit and "make over." I had a great time with yummy beignets and fun shops. The other kids had fun too, but not quite the excitement that Livi experienced.

1 comment:

Julia said...

She's so byooo-tii-ful! (insert Nazi guy's voice from Indiana Jones). She'll definitely be a beautician someday.