Monday, December 3, 2012

My Kingdom for a Fork, and Lesson Learned at Walmart

We were lucky to not only have friends over for Thanksgiving, but some of the Stotts even made the long (boring) trip across Wyoming to visit us!
Our fabulous group!  Tonks loved having 2 tables dedicated to kids.  She had her own version of Christmas as yummy food fell like snow flakes!

 It was my first time having Thanksgiving with other people at my house and I learned two valuable lessons: I am not good at hosting Thanksgiving, and I need more silverware!  Running out of forks at Thanksgiving causes embarrassment, problems, and mini temper tantrums from a 4 year old that didn't want to use her dessert forks to eat her "chicken."

After the meal, and some very delicious apple pie (that I still dream about, thanks Melissa!) Eric and I headed over to the Black Friday (if it is on Thursday can you really call it Black Friday?  Thanks a lot Walmart for confusing me.) I was going to boycott it on principal, but since one of the big ticket items my child wanted was going for more than 50% off I thought we should check it out.  Unfortunately so did everyone else in town.  The entire parking lot was filled, including all imaginable illegal parking spots, so Eric dropped me off and headed over to a neighboring store's parking lot.
What the front of Walmart usually looks like (taken Friday afternoon).


What the same area looked like on Black Thursday.

I was stuck here for 5 minutes.  I couldn't move at all.  Eric thought it was funny and took a picture.  It's like "Where's Waldo" but you need to look for "Surly Looking Nicole" instead
 Of course when we finally made it back to the area the toy should be we were informed that they hadn't received any of the toy in their shipment, so we made the trip to Walmart for nothing.  On the bright side we didn't have to wait in the 2 hour long check out lines!

Here are some other highlights of having Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Cheryl with us:
Shopping with Grandma and Cheryl...

I think she like these better.

Ethan learned about ADDING salt to tortilla chips from Grandpa Alan and thought it was the best thing he'd heard of since Pokemon.  Silly Stott men!

We walked along the North Platte river on one of the most beautiful November days I have ever seen.  Too bad the sugar beet factory was in full swing and we all had problems with allergies for the next several days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, you look quite composed at Walmart :) I love the glasses and hair-dress on Livi. I wonder who had more fun picking them out, Livi, Cheryl or Grandma? Stotts and salt...I think it's an inhereted trait. One, who shall remain nameless, even likes it on watermelon, watermelon mind you! I think it's a heart attack waiting to happen, but what do I know :)

Joan said...

Great memories from a fun trip. I have to disagree with you, Nicole, about you not being a good host. You did a great job and the food was delicious.