Saturday, May 11, 2013

Passions and Personality

Day 8: What are 3 passions you have?

Right now I don't feel like I have an passions.  In the past I have had several so I will relate three of those.

1. Piano.  There is something about playing the piano.  You can express happiness, despair, love, hate, energy, or even lethargy all with the same instrument.  I can get lost in the music as I play, and I can put sound to my feelings.

2. Dance.  I didn't get to do as much formal dance training as I would have liked, but I did pick it back up in college and take dance almost every semester.  Dance is like piano, but instead of sound, it is with movement.  You can also express, and even feel  someone else's emotion with both, which is beautiful.

3. Books.  See post about dream job.

At school Ella's class made personality maps (or something like that).  They wrote their names in the middle and then surrounded it with things that made up their personality, likes, or feelings.  I loved Ella's and was so glad she thought of so many things that make her who she is!


2 comments:

Meg said...

So happy to read a post! You might not know this but I am a bit of a creepy blog stalker. I love your blog. There, I said it. Now it is out in the open. When I open my computer to browse I typically check my email and then your blog.

You are truly amazing (just one reason why I love to spy on your life). I literally have not met another human with more talents than you. And you are not one of those "I try lots of stuff but am not really good at any of them". You are actually really really good at all of them. I won't lie, it is a little intimidating but mostly just inspiring. It is still a mystery to me how someone can do all that you do and do it so well and with more kids than me. Also you are gorgeous which is just not fair. Usually when people are so beautiful and seemingly perfect on the outside they are seriously flawed in their personality (or at least that is what my shallow self says to make it feel 'even') but not so with you. I still have the picture (somewhere) that you sent me I think in 9th grade. You look like a model. You should see my 9th grade picture. You can imagine. The funny thing is, you still look like that! I realize this comment is so long it has become embarrassing but since I am here. . .Seriously, Nicole, you have no idea how incredible you are and I think that is one of the best parts. You don't make people feel bad or stupid or inadequate just because we (I) don't read as much or am politically or socially aware or have actual talent that we could, let's say, showcase (not like sharing or smiling). I still remember when you spent the summer with me and I promised myself I would not be a dork. But I was. And I made you watch Newsies with me everyday. And you never made fun of me. Not once. Even thought it was so obvious that you were so much cooler than me you never made me feel that way. You rock. I love your blog. Keep writing so I can pretend like I come over to your house to hear you play the piano and you can tell me about the last good book you read and then you can take me to that bakery I have heard about on your blog.
Oh, and how about this for fate. . .one of the security words for this post is my name. Seriously. The other one is 'discussed'.

Joan said...

Ella did a great job on her personality map. It defines her perfectly! Good job Ella!