Friday, August 9, 2013

Livisms

Livi has been remarkable lately.

She recently pulled me into the hall to show me her "trap."  Guess what show she has been watching a lot of lately:
"This is where I wait, and then when they show up I pull this rope.  The door opens and traps them and I pull off their mask."

For the last year we have been struggling with Livi's desire to call me by my first name.  Not Eric, so much, just me.  Still trying to figure that one out.  I don't let her do it, but she is getting sneakier in her passive aggressive way.

She was playing with a little bear Pez dispenser while Eric was talking to her about how he and the kids have names that start with the letter "E." We have been desperately tying to get her to learn to read, or at the very least learn her letters, but she has been characteristically...resistant.  I began singing:

Me: "E says ehh, E says ehhh, every letter makes a sound..."
Livi in a very loud, high pitched, falsetto voice while making the Pez talk: "Nicole, please stop!"

Livi looked shocked at the pez and said incredulously, "Why did you call her Nicole? She is Mommy."



I was in the kitchen talking to Eric when Livi came up to me looking like this:

"Nicole, I am Mr. Bloomstun.  I am your teacher.  Sit down."

I may have won the battle of her not calling me "Nicole" in casual conversation, but I think I am loosing the war.


1 comment:

cara said...

Favorite part: "Why did you cal her Nicole? She is mommy." And her face in that last picture is awesome. She looks like one serious teacher.