Friday, August 16, 2013

My Little Art Lovers

In an attempt to put off coming back to Scottsbluff for as long as human possibly, we were lucky enough to get to spend an extra day with my parents and attend the Shakespeare festival down in Cedar City.  There was a play the kids were interested in seeing, and a musical I had never seen before (shocker) so we decided to add the extra time to our trip home and add some art appreciation to the summer.

 For some reason the kids thought the Juliet statue was much prettier than Falstaff or King Lear.  Go figure.
 Waiting for 'Peter and The Starcatcher' to start.  The kids and I were alone for this one. The usher(ette ?) was very nice and gave the kids cushions to sit on and some words of encouragement for parents who brought kids.
 Although minimal sets, and deviations from the plot of the book the kids and I read, we all loved it.  I was a little worried about Livi, but she had a blast and especially loved Black Stache (Captain Hook before the hook).
Waiting for the Green Show.  Livi and Ella liked the Green Show almost as much as the play and were dying to get up and dance with the actors.  Dad was nice (brave) and took my kids back to our hotel in the ghetto while Mom and I went to 'Anything Goes.'  Amazing.  Truly AMAZING.  Too bad we couldn't have stayed for a week.  I'm still not ready to be back in Scottsbluff and I've been back for 2 weeks.

No comments: