Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chasing Girls


Oh how quickly they grow up, especially in public school. The picture on the left is at our zoo on a trip we took with some friends. From left to right is Ella, Ethan, Caleb, and Madi. Luckily our kids are all within months of each other, and have become best friends. Ethan and Caleb are in the same kindergarten class and play every recess together (Ella and Madi are in the same preschool class too). The boys had been engaged in digging holes in the sand in an effort to reach the magma under the Earth's crust in order to start a fire on the bundle of sticks they have waiting. It was always fun to hear of their progress in digging down to the fire they knew they would reach.
Today I was shaken as Eric asked if they were still trying to start a fire and Ethan said no. When asked what he did at recess he answered "Chase girls." I guess he and Caleb have been chasing girls at recess for the last couple of days, and he seems to think this is REALLY fun. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I thought I would have a least a couple of years before this awareness of girls began. It wouldn't scare me so much except one little girls that he chases seems to have glomed onto him. What is a mother to do. Home school kids are too weird.

P.S. on a weird side note, yes I do know our kids are tall. Poor Caleb is the same height as Ella.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, man, I'm glad I've got a long, long time until my little boy starts noticing girls (I'm sure it goes by so fast :) That's so cool about your mom's makeover, she looks great! Good luck with the carb challenge, that sounds hard!

Lezlie Lee said...

I totally sympathize about the pregnancy comment thing. During both my pregnancies I had people tell me I must be having twins and then actually say "are you sure?" when I told them no. Awesome, huh. I personally think you look fantastic, I'd give anything to look as good as you when I'm pregnant. How can people be so insensitive?
-Lezlie