Friday, November 13, 2009

Ethan's Best Day Ever


I love these days, where one of your kids just has a bunch of great things happen for them, and they are ecstatic. Ethan had one of those days on Monday. When we showed up at school there were a group of boys by the fence where Ethan comes in. When he walked through they surounded him, gave him hugs and said "Yeah, Ethan is here." His friends had waited for him to arrive, and when he did they all ran off to play together. For those of you who don't know we have had a few issues with some of these boys being the type of hot/cold friends, but it seems that things have been really good lately. He was so happy the smile on his face almost made me cry. (I took the pictures the next day when it happened again!)
While I was in the shower I got a phone call from Ethan's teacher. I was so worried it was about him throwing up at school, or getting hurt (it never crossed my mind he was in trouble, though, he's not that type) so imagine my surprise when the call was to get permission to put Ethan up into second grade for all English and reading. He is the only first grader they are doing this for, and it seems as though he will spend about 3 hours a day, four days a week up in second grade. His teacher explained how excited Ethan was, which made me happy, since he can be so shy at school.
When Ethan got home he wanted to tell me all about it, then he wanted to make sure his Grandmas and Grandpas knew about it. Since it was such a big accomplishment I told him he could pick whatever he wanted for dinner as a celebration. He picked pizza, but not just any pizza, Pizza Hut (it's his favorite type, but since it is so expensive we don't get it very often). He was just so happy and proud of himself, as well he should be.
I'm so glad Ethan had a great day. I'm so glad he feels proud of his accomplishments, and I'm so glad he was blessed with such a great mind.

1 comment:

Dresses and Spurs said...

Hi this is Nick Haskin, but just today my brother Nathan asked me who was my first best friend and Eric is the one. This story of Ethan reminds me about the times growing up with Eric and going to gradeschool together. Fun times and lots of great memories! Hope all is well, thanks for letting us follow your blog, Nick.