Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just Put It In The Food Storage....

Everyone told me to expect a TON of trick-or-treaters this year. We live up on the hill and people drive their kids up here just to go in this neighborhood. For the last 2 months I have bought a couple of candy bags every time I went to the store, just so I would have enough. People said to easily expect 200 kids. Well, we got 20 little groups. Thanks a lot everyone that expressed an opinion. I now have 15 bags of candy sitting in my basement (I ate WAY to many when they were upstairs). I don't know what to do for next year since there were a lot of people on the street we run off of but not our street, and I think not as many people came, with Halloween landing on a Sunday.
It was hard decision this year. Normally I LOVE trick-or-treating and it is a no brainer. It almost makes me cry when I take the kids around and people are so nice and willing to come together to make a great night for all the kids in town. We were not going to go, since Halloween was on the Sabbath, but after moving into our new home all our neighbors mentioned how happy they were to have kids on the street again. Everyone has been so warm and welcoming it felt like a snub not to take the kids around on Halloween night. I think it was the right thing to do. Our neighbors were so happy to see them, and one couple invited the kids in and gave them special treats and soda. It is really such a wonderful place to live, I feel so spoiled.
So here they are in all their costumed glory:
Our cranky and well cast Queen of Hearts:
Our sweet Alice, who didn't want to wear a costume that didn't have pink on it, but was a good sport:
Our gallant knight who insisted on a two sided tunic so that he would only have to wear the heart side to the ward party and could have the lion the other times he wore the costume:
And here is our overly excited kids about to start their trek around the neighborhood:



1 comment:

Marisa said...

You could see if any of the dentist offices are doing a "candy buy back" and shipping the candy to the troops like Travis's office is. We get a lot of parents who just bring us their left over candy to ship. We don't get any trick-or-treaters either :-(