Monday, April 9, 2012

Going To Heck In An Easter Basket


Easter is probably the hardest holiday for me, weight wise. I LOVE Easter candy. Not just a 12 year old girl type of crush, but a full blown stalker, want to marry it, LOVE. I have zero self control when confronted with Mini Eggs. Marshmallow Peeps tremble in fear when they see my shadow. I have been known to hide Creme Eggs from the kids so I can have them all to myself once the kidos go to bed.

That being said, I have been really ridiculously good this Easter season. I didn't buy any candy ahead of time, even though they have been in stores since February. I resisted the siren song of the Easter isle at Walmart! At least I was good, until the Easter Bunny came. I even left a note that asked him to leave less candy than usual so I wouldn't be as tempted. He left movies, stickers, even lip gloss, but there was still enough candy for me to lose all the self control I had maintained in one chocolaty binge. I think I ate my weight in sugar yesterday.

Enough about me, here are some highlights:

The day before our ward had an Easter Egg Hunt at a members house. Another benefit to living in Nebraska is that people actually live on farms here. The house we went to had several acres and the Bishopric hid over 900 eggs. They had an under 3 category for the little kids and Livi seemed to have a theme to her egg picking.
Ella and Ethan, not being the most...aggressive...egg hunters only got a handful of eggs. They tended to hang back from the mass of kids that were running like dogs after a duck (which I have seen too often).
That night I was guilted into hosting a BBQ for the two girls (and their families) that I was accompanying on the piano for Easter (long story), so we had to hurry and dye eggs before everyone arrived. Ethan wanted something a little more than just color for his eggs and he was a little put out that we didn't have time (Eric told him he had to smile, but he snuck in his two cents).
Easter morning the Easter Bunny put out the traditional clues for a treasure hunt and then since it was only 23 degrees outside the egg hunt was in the living room. After church I remembered I hadn't taken any dress-up pictures so we headed outside where I took about a hundred photos only to realize once we got back in the house that I didn't have a memory card in my camera so we headed back out for an abbreviated retry. Livi was a little hyped up on sugar and tired of being good so these were the results:

I did get a few cute ones though. A big "Thank You" goes out to our neighbors for ruining a cute picture of Ethan and Livi by leaving their old, junky, non running truck right in front of our house because it is so unattractive that they don't want it parked in front of their house. No joke.

And here are a few, mostly boring, videos (Livi has some funny reactions):



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Easter! I'm right there with you on the stalker-like obsession with Easter candy. I swear they put crack in those cadbury eggs because I am definitely addicted.

Julia said...

I love Livi's basket of purple eggs! The kids look so cute - even Ethan's smiling. Chocolate makes everyone happier.

Julia said...

Wait - the previous comment, like this one, is from your mother. Julia signed in & I'll never figure out how to get back to my Google account. I guess I'll have to open a new one!