Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Flexibility in Body, Mind, and Humor... or I couldn't be prouder

Flexibility is one of those things I find very important in life.

Watching Ella in her dance class I was struck with the fact that she may not be as naturally flexible as Gumby (Ethan) and Me, she definitely is not like her daddy (who can barely bend over without pulling a hamstring).  She has worked hard the last few years and has gone from not being able to touch her toes to this:

I know it wont make a huge difference as to the quality of her life, being flexible, but the fact she is willing to go to 4 (she wanted to take 5 but I talked her out of one) classes a week to get better at something she loves makes me proud. To see the progress she has made and to be able to show her tangible evidence of her progress was really fun.


Ethan and I had scouts last night and we are working on the Scientist Pin.  I had brought a bunch of experiments for the boys to conduct and Ethan was always quick to think outside the box:

Me: What will happen when I stick a pencil into a plastic bag full of water?

Scout 1: It will break the bag
 
Scout 2: It will go through the bag

Ethan: It will EXPLODE like C-3PO's body when he got hit with a storm troopers blaster!!!
I like that Ethan looks at a situation (okay, almost every situation) with a different perspective than everyone else.  It may always relate back to Star Wars or Pokemon, but just hearing him describe the explosion made me happy.  I hope he always looks at the world through slightly different lenses than the rest of the world, because the rest of the world can be pretty boring.  We need more joy and adventure in everyday living!


I was able to go with Olivia on a field trip to Arby's today.


In Obama's America we aren't going to be able to afford to send our kids to college, so we've decided to train Livi early in the job field! Ha ha just kidding Dad, stop freaking out!

I was riding on the bus with her, Carter, and their friend Sophia and they were all talking about their cars and what they would do to make them cooler:

Carter: If I could make a car it would have no seat belts and all the doors would be always open.

Sophia: If I had a car the windows would always be rolled down.

Livi: If I had a car it would have (switches to an ominous voice) NO WINDOWS AND NO DOORS! Ha Ha Ha...

Her friends looked at her like she was crazy but I laughed and gave her a high five. She may be the only child in Nebraska to have the opening to Haunted Mansion memorized!  I was so proud that she not only remembered it, but used it awesomely!  I love that all three of my kids have such great senses of humor.  They keep me laughing, even on my darkest days.

I have amazing kids.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hahaha! That was an awesomely done quote, your kids are all so impressive!

Sharonbees said...

So fun to see all 3 kids in action! I cannot wait to see them at Christmas!

Joan said...

Ella is way more flexible than any of us Stotts are. Quite impressive. Eric definitely got the Burton hamstrings.