Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Get It Universe!


I am feeling a little self conscious about my size lately.  Watching Busytown Mysteries today didn't help.
   For those of you unfortunate enough to not know about Richard Scarry I would totally look up his children's books the next time you go to a library or book store.  I was raised on books about Huckle the Cat and Lowly Worm.  Anyways... Busytown Mysteries is a modern show using the older beloved characters where they solve problems in the town using deductive reasoning.  Olivia LOVES it.

Today they found a piece of metal with a number 10 and french writing on it.  They asked their teacher, Miss Honey (a big grizzly bear), to translate the words, which ended up saying along the lines of "Specialty Shoe Made in France."  Here is what the characters concluded:

Miss Honey: So it is from a shoe made in France.

Huckle: Do you think the 10 could be the size?

Miss Honey: That would explain why they had to be specially made.  I wear a size 6!

Huckle: I wear a size 3.  Who ever had these shoes made has REALLY BIG feet!


It turns out the metal was from a tap shoe... that a HIPPO wore.  Yup.  A Hippo.  The bear has tiny, dainty feet compared to the hippo, who wears the same size I do!  Thanks Universe, I get it.  I wear the same size shoes as Hippos, I can't order a robe long enough to cover my arms, I look like a giant baby doll trying to wear Barbie clothes when I wear regular women's clothes, and I can comfortably wear my husbands clothing.  Awesome.  I totally get it.  You can stop reminding me this week.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Well, who knows how animal shoe sizes compare, anyway? A size two is probably for Lowly. Who, need I remind you, is a WORM. I wish I had bigger feet so I could steal mom's shoes like the rest of you. Hmph.