Friday, January 4, 2013

Random Bits of Awesomeness

I know my life is truly wonderful, but sometimes my brain wont let me look at the great parts.  It zooms in on the hard.  Before the vacation, through all the ick, I had some really fun, random moments:
Ella was in charge of Family Home Evening.  She picked Samuel the Lamanite and Ethan was more than willing to help her act it out and provide props.  Kind of an weird FHE all around...



Ethan was in charge of the activity.  He picked the Pokemon card game.  I think Eric's perplexed expression pretty much sums it up.

Livi had a very cute Christmas program (because we can still call it that in Nebraska...they even sing Silent Night and Joy to the World!).  Livi is the first of our children to willingly sit on Santa's lap!

To my horror I realized my kids only experience with Hostess was Cupcakes and Twinkies.  I promptly went out and bought the remaining Snowball and Ho-Ho packet from a gas station so they could experience a little bit of childhood before it was cruelly ripped away...


... so Livi promptly ran over to the trash and spit it out.
A fun video with 3 of my scouts



A VERY rare and a VERY appreciated moment!

I got to help in Ella's class when they were word surgeons.  The cut apart words and combined them into contractions.  She gets the best teachers!
Livi's peanut Baby Jesus.  A PEANUT Baby Jesus!

Ethan's diorama on Native Americans.  I not sure if I love, or am worried about the exploding blood out of the buffalo!

The world's most inadvertently offensive gingerbread men/women.  I learned it is very hard to make a brown that doesn't end up looking like black face.  Cringe
Our Christmas get together with the Bagleys.  Lots of smiles all around.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Peanut baby Jesus is my favorite thing ever.

Joan said...

Loved the scout video. The scouts are blessed to have you as their leader. I also loved the surgeon masks and gloves the students got to wear to be word surgeons. What a creative idea.