Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trying Hard, but not quite getting it.

Well, trying to limit carbs is....well...hard. I'm not so slowly going insane. In an effort to try and break the monotony I bought a diabetic cookbook and tried a brownie recipe. Let me warn you all that brownies made mostly of eggs and Splenda are pretty gaggie. I think Ella said it best "The bottom is icky, I only want to eat the top" (the recipe called for sprinkling the top with real chocolate chips). The pictures are of Ethan thoroughly enjoying just the top part of the gross brownies. Ella had already been cleaned up from picking at the top, but luckily I was able to snap these beauties before Ethan wiped up and got out of his Spiderman costume from 2 years ago.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Low carb is really hard. I think it is the hardest of restrictive diets. My friend's husband had to go on a super low carb diet and so we experimented for a while. I have a few really good Thai recipes if you are interested?

proudmamablogga said...

Oh Nicole, I am so sorry.

I don't know what else to say. have that baby fast.