Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ethan's 7 !!!!!!!!!

I can't believe my Ethan is 7. He seemed to enjoy the day, it was definitely fun filled. We started out early (and I do mean EARLY) by opening gifts and having pancakes. Here is Ethan hugging his "grimlock" transformer (that transformer has officially had more voluntary hugs than I have from Ethan). Joan and Alan got Ethan cute card that included an Iron Man Mask that Livi kept trying to put on. Our gift to Ethan was a bike, hoping that he will want to ride it without training wheels, but the first words he said when he saw it was "where are the training wheels?" Eric convinced Ethan it would be fun to go to Cabela's so we all went. The kids loved seeing the stuffed animals, and buying stuffed animals (toy ones, not dead ones). Surprisingly the kids and I were done before Eric was, and the kids were pretty hungry, so we had the snack of champions: fudge and chocolate milk. After Eric finished up we headed over to Pizza Hut for lunch, where Livi ate more than anyone else. She kept trying to steal Ethan's pizza, and Eric's chicken wings. I ended up putting the leftovers on top of the car while I buckled up kids, and yep, forgot them up there. Yeah for me. We headed home where Ethan, Ella and I went to see the Chipmonk movie while Eric took Livi home to try and let her sleep a little more. Ethan loved the movie (7 year old boys seemed to have written the movie) and we came home for cake. Ethan wanted a chocolate cake with "pidgeotoe," a pokemon, on it. I tried making a template to stencil on icing, but it didn't work so I had to freehand the picture, but Ethan seemed to like it anyways. We love you bud, and can't wait to celebrate each of your birthdays in equally unique ways!


2 comments:

Joan said...

Sounds like a very fun day for Ethan. I'm sure he'll want to ride the bike as soon as the weather gets better.

Lindsey said...

Wow, that is quite the day; I'll bet he had a blast! Are you surviving January in Nebraska?