Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creative Ways to Increase Fluid

Well, we've had an "interesting" couple of weeks. 2 weeks ago I had all three kids home ALL week because of GI illness. It was not the most fun, and I will not tell you all the "joys" I had. (most involve various types of cleaning gross things up) Ella never ended up getting sick, but Ethan and Livi were hit really hard. Finally we felt like we were back to normal this last week, and the kids resumed their school (YEAH!) and various activities. On Wednesday night Livi started throwing up (which she hadn't done the week before) and had some other fun symptoms, and we ended up in the ER again (I don't like the ER. We seem to end up there a lot, because my kids get super sick at night, and the nurses at Denver's Children Hospital tell me to go. So far every time we've gone there HAS been something wrong. Sorry, just feel defensive). After a thoroughly traumatic x-ray where Livi looked and felt like a baby stuck in a well, we found out she had gotten a bladder infection from all the GI gunk. Lucky baby.
So super long story to lead up to these videos. Livi was placed on a clear liquid diet for a day and was hating it. She didn't want sippy cups, and all she wanted was whatever I was eating (I took to hiding in the stairwell to eat). We took a break from crying and watching videos to give Ella a bath. Livi was in the bathroom with us, and pulled the stool over to the sink herself. After screaming repeatedly at me I finally turned on the water to let her play a little and here is what she did:

2 comments:

Joan said...

Don't you just hate it when the kids are sick? I'm glad that they are finally starting to feel better. Sorry about the trip to the ER. No fun for you or Livi, I'm sure. Since Ethan and Ella loved sippi cups, it's interesting to see that Livi hates them.

Lindsey said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Bennett had a stomach bug a while ago and it just about broke my heart when he kept asking for food and I couldn't give it to him. Did you have to drive all the way to Denver to the ER? It's a good thing you listen to your mother's intuition!