Tuesday, February 16, 2010

6 Kids, 2 Parents, and a Dog


We were lucky enough to have the Bagley kids spend the night at the beginning of the month while Melissa and Chad went to celebrate Melissa's birthday. From Friday afternoon to Saturday night we had 3 sets of twins and a dog. It was TOTALLY AWESOME! (imagine the hamster from "Bolt" saying that) The older kids were pretty self sustained. They would run off and play with their partner and resurfaces when they needed something. Carter and Livi were so much fun. Eric and I were able to each take a baby and so it was completely manageable. Friday night was interesting. It was a first sleepover for all our kids, so we had some excited kids on our hands. They are all such good kids though, that all it took was me sitting in the room for 5 minutes (and interrupting the block city that was being built) for the girls to drop off to sleep, and boys just needed a few reminders (really, how can you interrupt such funny conversations). Saturday we had fun going to McDonalds, making Valentine's cookies, watching Monsters vs. Aliens, and just playing with friends! At the end I'm not sure who was more excited to see Melissa, Carter or Bentley, the dog. Speaking of Bentley, it was SOOOOOOO fun to have a dog on loan. Sunday morning I woke up and missed having the cute little bundle around my feet and on my lap. Even Ethan ran up stairs, looked around and remarked "Where is Bentley?"Here are a couple of random pictures: Me with Livi, who wanted to sit on my lap and read a book, and Bentley who wanted to sit on my lap and eat the book. Carter loved all the necklaces around the house. I swear I would take one off of him, turn around for a second, and he would have found another. I never let them stay on, but I had to get a picture of how happy he looked wearing the "pirate treasure."Eric loved having the warm little body to nap with. Notice where Bentley is and where Ethan is. They are BESIDE each other Yeah, progress! Now here is one of my all time favorite videos. Eric was playing with the babies (they are only 4 weeks apart) and they LOVED it.
Thank you Bagleys, we had a great time!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like a lot of fun...and a lot of work! cute pictures.

Joan said...

Great post. I loved the pics and video. Friends are so important and I'm glad that they were able to experience an overnighter for the first time. Hard on you...but fun for them.

Meg said...

What a great friend (and mom!) you are! What a blessing to your friends, and for you to be so nice about it, too. I am sure you really did have fun. Not many people would plan such fun activities when they have extra kiddos. Way to go the extra mile to make those kids happy without their parents. (oh, and the dog, too!)