Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yelling in the Street


We've had a lot of foot traffic coming through our house as we've had 7 showings already. I'm running out of things to do with the kids while we are out of the house so often. The weather has been really bad, so hanging out at the park isn't an option. We've been to the bakery so often over the last few days I am starting to get the "you are a bad mom" look from the workers at the bakery. I don't doubt that next time we go in they will start getting our order together before we make it to the counter.
Wanting a little distraction I was grateful when Mrs. Hessler, Ella's preschool teacher, called to say the graduation photos were available to pick up. We had a showing yesterday evening so I headed over to Gering to pick them up. As I was loading all 3 kids in the car a gardening truck drove by. All of a sudden I hear a guy yell out the truck window "Hey! You're Cute!" Looking around for said cute person and seeing it was only me and the kids on the street I realized he may have been talking to me. I don't know what is the weirdest part: The fact I am at least 10 years older than him, the fact I was loading 3 kids into a car, or the fact my hair was frizzy and I had no makeup on. Hmmm, I know I should be flattered, but I just feel embarrassed for the poor guy who thought I was worth yelling at.

No comments: