Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If you give a boy a bow...

If you give a boy a bow (or man a compound bow) he's going to ask for a deer tag...
If you give a boy a deer tag he's going to go hunting in the wilderness...
While in the wilderness his feet will get cold and he'll need new special water proof camo hunting boots...
If you give the boy the boots he will realize his feet are so much warmer than the rest of his body and he will need full body extra warm, waterproof, camo clothing...
If you give the boy the camo he will go hunting and realize he needs a tree stand...
If you give the boy a tree stand he will need to go hunting all the time....
If the boy goes hunting all the time he will start to realize that bow hunting is hard and that everything that can go wrong will go wrong...
If everything goes wrong he will need to buy another deer tag that lets him continue to hunt in the new antler-less season...
If the boy hunts in the antler-less season he will get invited to help get rid of deer on a private property...
If the boy hunts on the private property he will finally get his deer!!!!!If the boy finally gets his deer he will need to butcher it, get it processed, buy a new freezer (because heaven knows we don't have enough room in our main one for an entire deer) and learn how to cook venison...
If the boy does all that....he doesn't get to complain about my new brown knee high boots!

9 comments:

Joan said...

Loved your write-up. So, Eric finally got his deer. I have to admit, he really looks happy...and you seem happy with the boots. It is a win/win situation.

jes said...

I want knee-high boots so badly, I'm so jealous!

Diane said...

Too funny! Hahahaha! Loved this post, and your cool boots!

Marisa said...

Your hubby sounds like mine-only I didn't get any boots (which are absolutely adorable by the way). My kids love venison-me not so much, so we get mostly jerky and deer sticks.

Heather said...

best
post
ever.

you are awesome.

Michelle said...

Ha ha! I totally was thinking hair bow at first and I was so confused for a second, but then I caught on.
Love the new boots!

Lindsey said...

Such a great post! Love the boots. It was fun catching up on your blog... we had the same experience at Disneyland last December: lots of rain and no lines!

utahutes01 said...

Loved your writing. We love have a few of those books with the mouse and cookie and pancake and whatever. I always get tired at the end of them.

Gill and the boys are getting into guns and "bunny busting" (supposedly diseased jack rabbits). I thinks I'll take your lead and get myself some knee high brown boots as well. It can only make us feel better right!?

proudmamablogga said...

haha! I love it!