Sunday, February 6, 2011

How Does Superman's Slogan Turn into a Pooping Stork?

While our parents were here we all decided to take advantage of being together and play a couple games (okay, we had to force our dads, but they were ultimately good sports). Ella had gotten a board game for Christmas that was really fun with the kids, and I thought we be a blast with adults. I was right "toot, toot" (me, tooting my own horn).

The game is Scribblish (which my mom needs to promptly forget so I can get it for her for her birthday). It is as if Telephone and Pictionary had an ugly baby they weren't very proud of and gave it a weird name nobody could pronounce.

You start off with a card with a caption to illustrate. After you draw it out you cover them and pass them to someone else who looks at your "masterpiece" and has to re-caption it. Then you cover it again and someone else gets it and has to illustrate the new caption, and so forth. You don't see the parts people have done before, just the drawing or caption immediately in front.
For example this one was
"The world's biggest toaster"
Which someone drew as:
Which someone captioned as: "There are little people living in my toaster"
Which someone drew as:
Which someone captioned: "I like to see my pet toaster people"
Which someone drew as:
Which someone captioned "How did our canoes end up on the roof?"
Which ended up as:
Some stay pretty close but some get whacked out of proportion (mostly if my mom is drawing or Eric is captioning). It was really fun and I hadn't laughed that hard since Emily Smith wore her surrogate grandmothers orange cape at Thanksgiving dinner!
Here was our favorite of the night:
"It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a tank"

"The bird flew into the tank"
"The hummingbird killed the tank"
"The mutant stork pooped in my wagon."
Ta Da!

I can't wait for the cabin, or even Aspen Grove, getting my siblings and in laws involved and seeing what happens. Hilarity will ensue, I'm sure (hilarity...insanity...it's pretty much the same when we are all together). Get ready, Jes, you may even like this board game!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Haha! This game looks hilarious, I can't wait!

Joan said...

Even though I can't draw, that game was so much fun to play. I still think about it a lot which gets me laughing....which is a nice way to spice up my day.

Susan said...

Looks like a game I may need to pick up. Thanks for the heads up! I love your family!

flavialou said...

I must, must find this game. Wish I could come to your house to play it! Miss you, friend.

(All hail the fluorescent orange cape, and the ensuing EPIC case of hiccups.)