Friday, February 11, 2011

I Think An Alien is Growing in My Head

It seems like we are always sick. I asked the doctor on Thursday why and he answered "because you live here. It's humid during the day, dry at night, we have to run our heaters all the time, and we have the sugar beet factory." Wow, one more reason to not want to live here.

This time we really are all sick. Eric and I have sinus infections and bronchitis. The kids have the flu and strep throat. We are a big, gross mess of coughing and runny noses. We have so many medications you can barely see the kitchen counter (although, to be honest, that's mostly because I haven't cleaned all week).

Two of my friends heard of my predicament and forced me to let them bring dinner last night. I say "forced" because there is nothing I would need so badly as to want to let anyone see how disgusting my house has gotten in the last week. Luckily they ignored me and brought the most delicious dinner ever.

I have no shame left so I am sharing what the disaster looks like. We've mostly sat on the couch playing video games and watching Monk, this generations Murder She Wrote. Sure we are sick, but honestly... a hanger?

One of the highlights, the mashed potatoes, were homemade with just a hint of garlic. They were amazing. I was relishing them when I looked over and realized Livi was playing with them ala Close Encounters.

I asked "what are you doing?" (asked because my voice is too far gone to yell).
Livi answered "Making snowman!"
I croaked "That's not snow, it's mashed potatoes."
She thought for a moment and answered "It's mash potato snowman!"

I did manage to get a picture of the aftermath.

What could I say. She was technically right so I shrugged and went back to eating. I'm sure in a few days after the antibiotics have cleared things up I will be horrified, but right now I'm too tired to care.

4 comments:

Joan said...

So sorry to hear that you are all so sick. Sure wish I lived closer so I could help you out. I send you my love.

Sharonbees said...

I wish we were all brave enough to admit to our disasters, let alone show the pictures. (Well, no pictures of me in a swimsuit EVER.) 'Hope you all feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Half of us are sick too. Not fun at all. I'm not one of the sick ones, but my house is a disaster anyway because I've been holding one of the sick ones while waiting on the other two sick ones. I figure the house can wait, but the people can't. I hope you all feel better soon!

flavialou said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon. My house looks like yours right now. No husband for a month is my current excuse, but I'm sure I'll come up with another excuse once he's back.

I still can't believe Ethan is baptized! So cool.