Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Hate February

For some reason, every February I take less pictures than any other month. I have noticed this trend since Ethan was born. I don't know why this has happened for 8 years, but I do know why it happened this year: We were sick for 3 weeks, our computer cord died, and we lost our computer battery recharger. Add those together and all we have are a few cell phone pictures of a few random events. Our Valentines Day consisted of me and Eric coughing, sitting on the couch, Eric playing Mario Brothers and me watching Monk. Romantic (at least we weren't in the hospital), but not very worthy of taking pictures to commemorate.

Right at the beginning of "the illness" we were able to babysit the Bagley's dog, Bentley while they took an overnight trip to Denver. Bentley is a doll. He loves to cuddle, he's the right size to hold and he's so fluffy... He really saved my sanity that weekend and I felt truly awful. I could just sit and pet him and he would cuddle up in my lap. When he wasn't in my lap he struck the weirdest pose I have ever seen. Over and over I would glance over and see this:
We were also blessed with an amazing ward while sick. We had almost a week of food brought to us, which was awesome since I felt worse than I did when recovering from my C-sections. Melissa use to work at a Jamba Juice and made the most amazing smoothie (I really miss things like Jamba Juice...and Barnes and Noble....and a grocery store that sells cheeses other than cheddar). After eating the best meal ever of the smoothie, her homemade chicken noodle soup, left over mashed garlic mashed potatoes and a cheesy biscuit I felt almost good for about 2 minutes!

No comments: