Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...

I can't believe my baby is baptized. It seems like only 2 years ago that Eric and I were sleep deprived, doing lunges down the hallway in church for all 3 hours (oh, wait we were, with Livi).

We've been preparing Ethan for his baptism for months now. Family Home Evening lessons were on baptism, the sacrament, and the Articles of Faith (over and over). I really wanted him to understand what he was committing to and why it was important. I thought we were on the right track. Then Ethan had his interview with the Bishop a few weeks ago and on the drive home this is the conversation he and Eric had:

Eric: "So what did the Bishop ask you?"
Ethan: "He asked if I knew the purpose of baptism."
Eric: "Did you tell him?"
Ethan: "No, I couldn't remember, but he told me what it was."
Eric: "Well, what is it?"
Ethan: "I don't remember."
I guess it didn't quite sink in, but he still chose to get baptized and the Bishop still let him.
Ethan was baptized on Saturday and we were lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents with us.

I may have stressed out a little before hand, but once everyone was there we had a great time. Livi was crazy all through the great talks Joan and Dad prepared. Melissa was great and tried to keep her quiet, but there is no stopping that girl. She even pulled poor Carter in on it until this is what they were doing in the middle of everything:



Alan was very generous and took us out for a celebratory lunch, which of course meant we fought over who got to play "Angry Birds."(Ella won this time)

My babies are getting older, and one of them just made an awesome decision and took the first step to being a great man. Good job, Buddy, we love you and are so proud!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, that is such a fun time for your family. I loved watching Savannah get baptized and I can't wait for Will's turn. Congrats!