Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day of School, or My Car the Prison

School has finally started and it is nice to have the 2 hour "break" where I get to play with Livi one on one and she has a little nap. What I don't like is the morning Ella doesn't have a playmate, making lunches that only get half eaten, the constant driving in the car, and waking Livi up from her afternoon nap so we can race off to Ella's preschool and then race to Ethan's school. On the bright side next year I'll just have Livi during the day, and she'll still be napping (maybe my house will get clean, ha ha). On the sad side, next year I'll just have Livi during the day. I miss my little ones while they are gone. I may not love playing pokemon with the kids, but I enjoy hearing them play pokemon, I love hearing there little games, the funny things they say.
So on to happier things, Ethan has a great teacher, Mr. Behnke (yes pronounced like the baby pacifier) and there are only 16 kids in his class. Yes, you read that right, take that California! He LOVES Mr. Behnke, and has actually come home excited to tell me things that he did at school. My little shy guy is growing up.Growing up, yes. Still making goofy faces in pictures though.

Ella also started school, and I think it is a big adjustment for her. After we dropped off Ethan she was ready to go off to preschool, just like last year. I explained that we would go after lunch. She looked concerned and said "But I'm not hungry for lunch." After laughing and explaining that we weren't moving lunch up, but moving preschool later, she was very upset. It didn't help that all summer she had her best friend, Maddi, all to herself, and when she walked into the preschool Maddi was playing on the swings with someone else. She teared up, and didn't want to go outside. I felt so badly for her. I know that feeling, of being left out, and it breaks my heart to see it in her eyes. Luckily Mrs. Hessler, the best no nonsense preschool teacher in the world quickly assessed the situation and paired Bella up with another little girl. Ella still got to sit by Maddi, and she was pretty stoic about it when I picked her up. All in all it will be an interesting year.

No comments: