Thursday, September 3, 2009

Staying Sane, or Furniture Shopping

Well, we are at an impasse in our future planning. Eric can waive into other states next April, so it makes sense to wait until then to job hunt, but we have outgrown our little house here. I am quickly going crazy in the cramped quarters, but we really don't want to buy a new house (because we may only be here for a short time, and it's nice to have a small mortgage payment). After several LONG phone calls to my mom, trying to make the best of the situation, we've decided to try and make the basement more liveable to make spending time down there more palatable. One thing we did was move our ultra comfy couch downstairs, plus move all the entertainment stuff down, so upstairs can stay neater (I hate when your best friend drops by to drop off the yummiest salsa, and your living room looks like Tornado Livi struck). Long story short, I went furniture shopping to get a new sofa for upstairs. The kids actually had a blast and had their favorite types of furniture. Ella truly got into the spirit of things, and I'm a little concerned we will being seeing her on the Price is Right as a model in about 16 years. We didn't get any of the pieces she is showing off, but her poses were so funny I couldn't help adding them.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Sounds like you and your Mom came up with a good solution to the problem. I'll have to come take a peek sometime.

Unknown said...

Great blog, I saw this site with some useful info on Kids Furniture. Hope it helps.