Thursday, April 29, 2010

Because Life Wasn't Crazy Enough...

So, it has been a crazy week. I have been trying to get the house ready to put on the market, I have been making my bridesmaids dress (that should have been cute, but with my weird body is turning more and more into a freak show), I've been packing for us to leave for California, and Eric is in Lincoln arguing in front of the Nebraska Supreme Court as I type this. It has been a crazy week, but I felt pretty on top of it...until yesterday morning.
Eric got up to leave early, it's a 6 hour drive to Lincoln, and called me into Livi's room. Poor baby, she had a rash ALL over her abdomen. We spent the morning going to the doctor and picking up various medicines. I guess she has a virus, a cold virus that has given her a runny nose, sore throat, and a body covered in the worst looking, probably worst feeling, rash ever. The doctor said this was just how the virus exhibited itself in her. She's about as contagious as a regular cold, and although the rash will get worse for a few days she will probably be fine in about a week. That would be great if my sister weren't getting married in 2 days! My poor baby will be puffy, red eyed, and sore all over, but at least she will have a beautiful princess dress to wear over the itchy red rash (on the bright side)!

5 comments:

Pam said...

That looks A LOT like scarlet fever. Which needs to be treated with antibiotics. I hope she gets better soon and I hope the Doctor is right in her diagnosis because if scarlet fever is not taken care of it is not good. Sorry to be alarming but Lucy just had strep right before it turned into scarlet fever, and so I am a little crazy about it right now.

Nikki S said...

They checked for the strep bacteria and it was negative. Scarlet fever also generally starts around the face and or neck. Livi's started on her tummy. The only place yet to be seriously affected is her face, kind of the opposite of scarlet fever. Thank you for being concerned, we will keep an eye on it and look for any additional symptoms!

Nikki S said...

I looked up pictures of Scarlet Fever and other childhood rashes and it actually looks just like Roseola, which I guess my siblings and I got all the time as kids.

Tera said...

That rash looks horrible and so uncomfortable. Poor thing.

Lindsey said...

Wow, were you freaking out when you saw that? Scary! I'm glad she's okay, but it can't be fun for her, especially when you have to travel. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!