Monday, May 17, 2010

Going (and staying) Crazy on the 405, or Julia and McKay Get Married

It feels a little overwhelming to be back from California with so many fun stories and hundreds of photos. We've had 2 birthdays, a trip to Disneyland, a trip to the beach, time with Grandmas, and of course, a wedding. I guess all I can do is bite the bullet and give my own scewed take on our vacations.
Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start: Wedding!!!! We were able to leave on Friday, since Nebraska employees get Arbor Day off. We noticed more policemen out on the roads on the way to Denver and were confused until we realized that it was Arbor Day, and as everyone knows, Arbor Day is a big party/fireworks/drunk driving day.
I realized in Cheyenne I had left my recommend at home, and then had a panic attack when we couldn't find Livi's blankie (it was behind her car seat where she had chucked it in a fit). We made it to California after a very bumpy plane ride, with a very unhappy, uncomfortable baby (remember the rash/illness). It took forever to get our rental car, we jumped on the 405 and proceeded to take 5 hours to get home. The trip normally takes about an hour and a half. Needless to say (but I will anyways) the kids were practically hysterical by the time we got to the Stott's house. Livi was literally rocking and wail-moaning in her car seat.
Julia and McKay got married the day after we got there. We left Livi with the Stotts (we didn't think she could take the car trip so soon after the traumatic trip the day before. (As it was she cried everytime we put her in a car seat for the rest of the trip). We headed down to the temple, trying to get there early so I could get in to see my baby sister get married. I hurried out of the car and rushed to the temple entrance only to see my entire family on the lawn talking on cell phones. Seems Julia got a little lost on her way to get married.
Eventually they were married in a beautiful, short and sweet ceremony and we were able to celebrate the rest of the day. There were only a few other mishaps, but all in all it was a great day and I am so glad I got to be there. Aunt Diane took the wedding photos (which I am totally jealous about) so hopefully there will be a photo of me in my "wonderful" 1980's prom/bridesmaid dress. My photos aren't the best, but they do give you an idea of our day.
The kids favorite part was playing with Ebby while they waited outside the temple. Okay, Ella's favorite part was having Aunt Diane take hundreds of photos of her posing in various places on the grounds, but playing with Ebby was a close second. Livi eventually made it to the reception, but only stayed long enough to dump food on my dress. Luckily inbetween throwing food on my hand-made masterpiece we were able to get a few pictures of her.
My brothers and their wives waiting for the restaurant to find our reservation. Speaking of the restaurant, Ethan and Ella thought feeding Ebby was the best entertainment they had ever seen. Seriously. They fed and fed and fed that poor little guy. He probably thought they were trying to torture him, except he kept opening his mouth, so I think they are in the clear with Aunt Joy.I have to post this just because it is SOOOO James. (That's my dad, and James' wife Jes in the picture too)

No comments: