Monday, May 24, 2010

Let Us Never Talk Of It Again

I may not be happy about it, I may have tried to ignore it, but somehow I turned 30 anyways. I don't want to dwell on it too much, since I am still recovering, emotionally, but here are a few highlights:
The kids helped me open presents. My mom and I went shopping a few days before and I was able to pick out a great purse (that Olivia commandeered and carted around all day filled with her "treasures" including treats that she expected my mother to hand feed her) and books that I had wanted. I am kind of a hard person to surprise since I clean the house and pay the bills, but Eric managed to surprise me with a new computer. For some reason he thought I might need a new laptop to write my important posts on. Yes that is our old (1 1/2 years old, not joking) computer. Yes, it is held together with two different types of duct tape.
I really wanted to get out of the house to either go bowling or to paint pottery, so I took a vote and everyone except Ella wanted to go bowling. Ella pitched a major fit and sulked the whole was to the bowling alley. We got there, and it was closed. On a Saturday afternoon it was closed. So we got to paint at Create Away instead with Ella beaming the whole time and me saying things like "this isn't because you were upset, the bowling alley was closed" as she rolled her eyes (Thanks bowling alley people for being closed and for setting a dangerous precedent for our kids). We watched How to Train Your Dragon and grabbed Sonic for dinner. To quote Ella "This was Mom's best birthday EVER!"
We ended the evening by having the Bagleys over for cake (since it wouldn't feel right without them there) and got to talk and eat yummy strawberry shortcake. I even got help blowing out my candle (only one, because I wouldn't let Eric put more on). It was a great birthday even if I'm still in denial that I somehow got to be this old.

No comments: