Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pomp and Nanny Goats

Preschool is over. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I am so proud of Ella, I love watching how she grows and learns. I have loved Ready Steps and all the amazing things Mrs. Hessler has done for the kids. I have loved spending a few minutes with the other moms and Mrs. Hessler, and connecting to other women, even if just briefly. Not only is this the end of that era, but Mrs. Hessler will be retiring after next year so Olivia will not be able to have this wonderful experience too.Last Friday we had graduation. The kids put on a mini opera of "The Three Nanny Goats Gruff" and Ella even got to be one of the nanny goats! (Some of the girls really wanted two of the parts, 'Fanny Goat" and "Big Bertha Lee." I guarantee it is the only time girls fight over being called "Fanny" and "Big Bertha.") I was able to play the piano for the songs, which means I had the opportunity to watch the play a few times, and see the kids grow in their parts. There was a lot of effort on Mrs. Hesslers part to make this a great graduation, and it really was. I am so grateful to have had her in our lives!
Luckily, two of the girls that were with Ella are also members of our ward, and we will get to keep seeing them throughout the year. Here are Ella, Leah, and of course, Maddi (amazingly enough Ella is the youngest in her whole preschool class). This was our favorite song, which as Melissa pointed out was particularly poignant. The second video is Ella's speaking part, which you cant hear, but she said it perfectly!

1 comment:

Joan said...

It's funny...when we took Ethan and Ella to Apollo Park there was a bridge-like thing at the playground and Ella wanted me to be the troll under the bridge. I wondered how she knew so much about that story. Now I know! By the way, I make a pretty good troll. :-)