Friday, October 28, 2011

The Best Family Vacation...Ever!!!!

My family went on a vacation to Florida while I was in college. I was unable to take the time off, and when they got back all I heard was that it was "the best family vacation EVER!!!" Ever since I have felt a little left out, a little incredulous that it was THAT awesome, and a little sad that they had the best vacation (maybe because I wasn't there).

Well, my dad had his continuing education in Florida again and for some reason my mom didn't want to go to Disney World all by herself while my dad was in classes. She invited us to go along (since my siblings had been twice without me, and they all have things like work and school) and so we jumped at the chance to go with them!

We started talking about going about a year ago. Over a year of planning, and being excited. I didn't have to wait a year for my wedding, so asking me to think about this trip for a year, building up expectations and reading up on various things to do, well...it was like putting chocolate cake, enclosed in plexiglass, in front of a toddler and saying they can't eat it for a year.

So did it live up to the family's hype, my own expectations, and the general "wow" that you expect from Disney? It blew them out of the water. It truly was "The Best Family Vacation Ever!!!!"

"What?" you may say. "Could it really be that great?" "Surely you exaggerate."

Here is my answer to your questions: Day 1

After getting up early, flying, renting a car, and finally getting to our hotel we decided to take advantage of the hours we had left. We played on the hotel playground, went swimming in the pool, went down the water slide a few hundred times, and then realized we still had time to make it to Mickey's Halloween party.

We headed for the Magic Kingdom, bought some last minute costumes (no complaining from the girls to get more princess dresses!) and enjoyed trick-or-treating Disney style. It was late, dark, and we didn't know where we were going, but we got to ride, rides, Outside the Haunted Mansion, which was one of the best lines for a ride I have ever been through!

eat the (actually) good candy they handed out, enjoy the ambiance that only Disney can do, and ended it all with amazing fireworks. It was a great night.
That was only day 1. Awesome sauce.

3 comments:

jes said...

I've never been because, clearly, no one loves me.

Joan said...

I am glad you had such a great time. Very nice pictures. I was a little surprised you didn't mention the lost luggage.

Meg said...

I have never been to Disney World and have always been hesitant to try it with kids. You are making me want to go. I am so happy you had a great time. I am only moderately (okay insanely) jealous.