Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We Are A Weird (But Happy!) Family

I was looking over some photos I've taken in the last few weeks and realized we are a tiny bit on the weird side. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact we are just a little bit different, but looking at these photos I just had to laugh at the crazy, zany crew we have here at the Stott house.

A few weeks ago Ethan's friend Caleb turned 9. I let Ethan pick out a card and told him to "write on the inside." This is what he brought back to me:
I asked him why he didn't write "Happy Birthday" or even "From Ethan" anywhere and he informed me that he had... on the cover.

Eric and I watched an "Office" episode where the less than cool workers take up "planking." Planking is just lying on objects as if you are a plank. We laughed about it and Eric somehow brought it up at Family Home Evening. Next thing I know we are "planking" for our activity. Some people can lay completely still on objects that seem very uncomfortable and do it with panache. We are not those people:

Our tiny dog is a cold-a-phobe. I'm not sure how we are going to deal with this as the winter progresses, but I have a feeling I will be knitting tiny booties and and beanie pretty soon. If the afternoon is too cool you can find her curled up in blankets. If she has a bath I have resorted to tucking her up under a heating pad. This is not a Nebraska dog. This is a Southern California dog. Too bad she is so darn cute, or I would ship her off to live with Casey.

And lastly, we recently went to a Harvest Festival here in town. There was a bouncy house, glow in the dark art centers, and a VERY long hay ride. My kids favorite part: Playing in a barrel of corn.
Yep, we are a little odd, but I think we are happier that way.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Nothing wrong with a little weirdness! I think it is hilarious that you were planking for FHE!!
Awesome!

Joan said...

Just wondering where the picture is of you planking, Nicole. Yes, you are a happy family and that makes me very happy.

Anonymous said...

Eric looks pretty good there "planking".