Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Melted The Face Off A Bunny, Dyed My Hair, and Ethan Started A Blog


So the title basically explains everything in a nutshell. First off the bunny. I tried to make more cake-pops and while they were delicious, they did look a little bit like funky aliens.

Next, I have a bad scale. I lose 5 lbs one day and gain 8lbs the next day. It brings to mind yo yo dieting, but in an immediate and literal sense. I weighed myself yesterday, changed the battery to see if that helped, and gained 5 lbs in the 30 seconds it took to change them. I don't know which weight was right, but either way it was depressing, so a few minutes later I had to go to my hair appointment and I ended up with...highlights.

For the first time in 10 years.

They aren't extreme, but they are the result of the perfect storm of my weigh in debacle and Livi constantly asking why no one in our family has yellow hair like her. The hair looks great. The hair on my face...not so much. I don't have the California coloring to go with the California hair anymore. I'm too pasty and I think the yellow is too gold for the undertones in my skin (which is saying something since she went with the ashy blonds and not the yellows). It's not a huge change, but I think at this point in my life darker might be better. We will reevaluate in a few weeks and see what I do next. You never know, she has bright blue she can cover the blond with and it this point all it would take was another day like Thursday and I could take "blue haired" to a whole new level in this retirement town!

Lastly, Ethan has his own blog. Well, Ethan and his friend has comics they draw that now have their own blog. Ethan wanted me to make 15 copies, each, of all of his comics, and he wanted to sell them at school for $1. I get his motivation, but since I wont let my kids take the fund raisers for school to our neighbors I am not about to let him hock his wares on the school yard. I decided I would post the comics on his blog and then if someone wants a copy they can order them. I thought it would save time (I'm lazy, I didn't want to make all those photo copies!) and I was wrong. Setting up the blog was not easy and removing all the personal information the boys wrote on the comics (like our phone number and address along with last names. They should have just printed their social security numbers on them) took a lot of editing.

They also have a name for their company (Sto-Bag Inc) that sounded too much like a bad name you would call someone, so although they are not changing the name of the company, I did convince Ethan to have a different title for their blog. They also are not the most conscientious of spellers so I had to do some creative editing there to make the final project reflect their original aesthetic. Sorry, rambling. If you want to check out the cover of their first (of several) comic books go to Two Funny Guys Comics and check it out. We would love any feed back!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I LOVE that you edit their spelling before posting. What a mom! Go have a donut and know you are super cool!

Sharonbees said...

I think your hair looks great! Can't wait to see it (& you)in person.