Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pretty Pink Pokka Dots, or Not As Bad As Meningitis

Today.... well the only good thing I can say about it is that it is almost over. I have to document it because it was so amazingly bad. Nothing on it's own was hard, but it seemed like I was playing a game of whack-a-mole where everywhere I looked something bad popped up.

First off I have a touch of insomnia where I can't get to sleep. Once I am asleep all is well, but getting there can take several hours. Last night was pretty normal in that it took putting the dog on my face to wake me up in the morning. What wasn't normal was Ella saying "Mom, Dad says the dog has green eye boogers so you need to take her to the vet," right as she placed the dog on my head.

Called the vet. Told them my dog had bacterial conjunctivitis. Was scoffed at and told most dogs get eye boogers. I told them that most dogs don't get bright green eye boogers, but she told me if I really wanted to have the dog seen it would have to be that afternoon (heavy sarcasm on her voice).

Thursdays I help in Ella's class from 9-10 in the morning. At about 9:30 Eric kept trying to call me right in the middle of my helping. I finally answered and was told Ethan had a dental appointment at 11:00 so I would need to run home and find his spacer that had fallen out.

Found it, ran back to school, got Ethan, went to dentist. Waited 30 minutes in the tinniest, ugliest waiting room while Livi moaned about getting doughnuts (I was about to start moaning with her, I wanted one too). Ethan finally got called back and 5 minutes later we were off to the bakery.

Ran Ethan back to school, ran home to feed Livi real food, and bathe the dog. If my dog was going in with gross eye boogers she was going to go in squeaky clean everywhere else.

Went to vet. They all yelled "Tonks!" like she was Norm from Cheers. She LOVED seeing all of her admirers again. She has bacterial conjunctivitis (wanted to yell "Nailed It.")

Kids come home from school. Eric texts me to tell me he stayed late at his hearing in McCook and wouldn't be home in time to stay with the girls while I went to cubs with Ethan (I was called as a cub leader on Sunday).

Make dinner. Dog throws up on carpet. Dog keeps throwing up on carpet. Called vet hysterically worried the eye drops poisoned my dog (I should know better, but I wasn't thinking straight). Vet told me to give her Pepto Bismol.

Has the vet ever given a dog Pepto? Basically I put it in her mouth and she spit it back out at me and shook her head around via The Exorcist.

Went to cubs and entertained 6 boys and my two girls who were up past their bed times and ready to scream with the littlest provocation (which Livi did frequently).

Here is a few pictures of the new redecorating by the dog:

2 comments:

Sharonbees said...

Thank goodness it's over! Is that Tonks on her heating pad? She is so cute!

Susan said...

What a day! I hope you didn't have any trouble falling asleep at the end of it!