Monday, February 20, 2012

Me and My Buddy, or Come To Nebraska I'll Show You A Lame Time!

We were so lucky to have James and Jes come out this weekend. It seems even more wonderful that we got to have them here knowing that they will never come again!

I've been really excited to have them come visit because:
a)they are really awesome and fun to be around
b)I've been really lonely, and
c)it gives us an excuse to go to the various "sights" we have here.

They got here Friday around dinner and we laughed and hung out.

Saturday morning I woke up with a sore neck but brushed it off as no big deal. We went to the bakery (one of the "sights") and over to Eric's office (one of the other "sights," yep it is soooooooo fun here!). The whole time my neck was starting to hurt more and more. By the time we left Eric's office I couldn't move my head and the pain was starting to reach excruciating levels.

It seems that as I slept I pulled a muscle that pinched a nerve and it got to the point if I moved my head, shoulders, or right arm there was a sharp stabbing pain that went from my neck into my head and made it feel like my head was about to explode. Luckily I found some muscle relaxants from the last time this happened (3 years ago) so I was able to spend the evening in a semi-normal state of mind (i.e. not yelling out or crying every time I moved or was bumped).

Basically we spent the whole weekend curled up on the couch watching Pen and Teller magic clips and Top Gear, which was totally fun for me, but I'm not sure I would have been happy to drive 8 hours each way to do it. James and Jes were totally gracious and it was great to have them here and hang out with them. We all loved having them around and Tonks totally wants to keep Bailey forever. Bailey was happy to go home, I think, since having a rambunctious puppy and 3 little kids around means she missed most of her naps.To top such a "wonderful" weekend for them this morning brought the first real snow fall we've had all winter. Plus the I-80 in Wyoming, their only way home, is closed. Awesome. Come spend a boring time at my house and then get stuck in Wyoming. I can almost guarantee they never come back here, but at least they can't avoid hanging out with me forever...there is always Canada!!!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Sorry that the weekend was spoiled by poor health, but I am glad that your pain wasn't Meningitis again! Maybe the next trip will turn out better.

James said...

I'll be back. You can't stop me with your Wyoming or neck pain!