Friday, August 31, 2012

The Miracle of the Gogurt

It has just been one of those weeks.  Things never really got better and yesterday was no exception.  After a busy morning I was looking forward to cleaning and working on costumes, but was interrupted by a knock at the door.  It was our insurance agent who had been desperately trying to get a hold of us, but had an old phone number.  Turns out they were canceling our home owners insurance because of all the hail storms we've had lately.  We had 4 days to find a new policy and of course it will be double what we paid 2 years ago.  I had a hectic morning of trying not to panic about how much our stupid mortgage is going to increase, running all sorts of errands, and dealing with a toddler that was refusing to eat.

I finally got Livi in the car, brought lunch with us, and headed off to Eric's work.  Livi had claimed she would eat her lunch if she was with her dad.  I was feeling pretty low, and telling Eric all about our insurance woes didn't help.  He walked us back out to the car, put Livi in for me, and Livi and I headed off to sign papers at the insurance office.

When we got there turned around and noticed that Livi no longer had her gogurt (portable yogurt in a tube that she makes me squeeze out into a bowl, thus making it less portable) on her lap.  I asked her were is was and she pointed to the roof of the car.  Eric had placed it on top of the car as he buckled her in, and forgotten to take it off.

I was at that breaking point where broken bowls and lost lunches were going to send me into crying fits, but upon getting out of the car Livi and I found that the bowl, gogurt, and even the spoon had made the trip totally intact!  Livi looked at it and said "It's AMAZING!"

Not the miracle I could have used, but to my 3 year old it was the most amazing thing she could think of.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Livi was right...it is amazing. I hope she ended up eating something. Sorry for your bad day.