Friday, September 28, 2012

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! or Ethan Tries A New Sport

The scariest thing I have seen as a parent:

When we signed up Ethan up for football we thought it would be safe, they said it was flag football.  I was thinking, "Ok, flag football.  No one gets hurt, they run around, lots of fun."  Then they told us we had to rent pads.  "Wait...what?  Why do they need pads in flag football?" I thought. Well, Ethan had his first game last weekend.  It was truly the scariest thing I have had to watch as a parent.  I think they call it Flag football for insurance reasons, because those flags seem to be merely decorative.  They were definitely blocking, making plays, and tackling like real football.  I guess this is Nebraska and we do take our football seriously.



Look at these boys.  Ethan is not the tallest, and they all seem to have 10-20lbs (or more) on him!  Watching the game was awful.  He was knocked straight over like a plank of wood twice! He did actually start to get into it more as the game went on, and he said he had a good time.  Tomorrow is another game, so we'll see what he says after that...

Ethan is the one closest to the camera in the line. It is definitely not an awe inspiring performance, but he wasn't being physically assaulted so I thought I would add it on here.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Wow, some of those boys look huge. I hope that Ethan has a good time with it. He looks great in his uniform.