Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Little Dancers, my little dancers, ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh (sang to My Little Pony)


It was that wonderful twice yearly parent watch week in dance, where we parents are yelled at for stepping on the dance floor in our street shoes (not me), yelled at for taping our own children at non-specified times (also not me, I learned from last time, now I'm sneaky) and guilt-ed at (?) for not singing up to be dance mothers for the recital (me).
Both girls are doing great.  Livi seems to be having a lot of fun, and Ella is excelling.  It is a lot of fun to watch, but unfortunately (or fortunately if you are not a grandparent) both girls are in the front or main sections so parents sitting at the back of the class can't really tape them well (especially while we are hiding the cameras from vigilant teachers).
Sneak Camera Attack
Very nice tondue


A very nice try at retire' (I think)
I have 2 clips of just small little moments I enjoyed: This is just a warm up in Livi's class, but I love her "swimming" "backwards" (both intentionally in quotes). She is in the back by the pillar:

Ella is the youngest in her class, but seems to grasp things better than some of the much older girls (toot toot): Poor Livi was very bored going with me to Ella's classes (Eric teaches that on that night). I showed her the reverse function on the camera where you can take pictures of yourself and she went a little crazy. She kept telling me how to pose and when to kiss her cheek as she shot away. She got very mad when I told her I wanted to watch Ella, so I ended up with about 10 of these pictures.



Livi did let me take one or two pictures of Ella.  She is growing up too fast, and looks way to mature in her dance clothes!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Haha, I love the little boy in the dance class just standing there! Ella is AMAZING, best in the class I would say! We're going to be rooting for her on So You Think You Can Dance someday.