Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Universal Smackdown or I Need To Vent Because Eric Thinks I Am Overreacting and I Probably Am But I Need to Feel Like Someone Somewhere Is Validating This In Their Heads

I am not sure if I am just overly sensitive, but I am feeling a little aggravated by all human kind at the moment. The last 24 hours have been hard for me.  It is all stupid little stuff but every time I talk to someone I get a little more frustrated.  It is probably one of those days I just shouldn't be allowed around other people.

 It all started when I tried to refill my prescription and got denied.  Turns out the nurse practitioner only wrote the script for 2 months...and then had me schedule an appointment in 3 months.  It also turns out you have to give the office 72 hours to respond to all refill requests...none of which was explained to me at my appointment (along with leaving out that going off Zoloft gives you MAJOR withdrawal).

Conversation I had with the nurse for the nurse practitioner (?):
Me: I need a refill
Her: You really need to make sure you keep your appointment on March 5th
Me: Ummmm....okay, but I really need a refill
Her: You need to give us 72 hours
Me: I am out of my medication.
Her: You need to give us 72 hours.
Me: No one told me my script was for 2 months only or that I needed to call 72 hours ahead of time.
Her: I guess we can give you an emergency 30 day supply. But you need to make absolutely sure you come to your appointment
Me: I was planning on it.  Which was why I thought the prescription would last until then.
Her:We only write the prescription for 2 months to make sure you are doing OK on the meds before we continue it
Me: Ummmm...isn't that why I have an appointment in March?
Her: Yes
Me: So why not write the prescription for 3 months if you are going to make me come back in 3 months?
Her: So you have to call us and we can check you are doing ok on the meds
Me: What the heck? ISN"T THAT WHAT THE APPOINTMENT IT FOR?
Her: Yes.

The next few things were just little: Someone commenting at the gym that it was about time I came back, someone telling me I needed to clean the inside of my car.

Then I went to help in Ethan's class and just about lost it.  First off, when I walked in the room the teacher was talking loudly with another 4th grade teacher about how dumb the kids in their classes are.  This put my hackles up.  I know (hope) she wasn't talking about Ethan, but why say something SO rude when a parent is in the room?  It frightens me that such a negative person spends more time with him than I do.

Next thing was when I was sorting papers to put in their take home folders.  Ethan had been out of school so he had a lot of take home work last night.  He completed it just fine, and I looked over it to make sure that if he didn't understand a concept I could work on it with him (since his teacher is TOTALLY the nurturing type and would surely go over things he missed with him).  It all looked great to me, so it was a shock when I saw he missed 2 points on his test...that I had looked over.

This was the information given:
The problem was to write a line graph for the figures
 So Ethan wrote:



Which made sense to me, but she crossed out "Year" put in "Wins" and marked off 2 points.  
What she wanted was:
 I understand that works, but so does Ethan's and he properly labeled it.  As far as I know you can graph information many ways, and the problem didn't say which numbers to use on the bottom.  If anything I think Ethan's was better on getting the information across, you can clearly see how many wins for each year and compare them, but who knows. I am obviously out of my mind right now.

The thing that sent me over the edge was one of Ethan's classmates.  He came up to me and this was our conversation:
Him: I know who you were for Halloween
Me: That's nice.
Him: You were Ursula.
Me: Nope.  I was Maleficent.
Him: No you were Ursula
Me: No, I was Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
Him: No, I watch Disney channel.  You looked like Ursula.

Awesome.  So I look like a obese, unattractive octopus.  Smack down complete, Universe.  Smack down complete.  You can stop now.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Ugh, I got super annoyed just reading all this! Not at you, just to clarify. Those people all sound like morons! Did you talk to the teacher about that problem? Also, you were a magnificent Malificent and that kid is probably the one the teacher talked about being dumb. Which was cruel of her to say even so.

James said...

I know I don't comment very often (although I do read everything!), but I wanted to throw in two.

First, that Vader sweater is incredible.

Second, I'm sorry things have been going poorly. It's so frustrating when people are thoughtless and inconsiderate. Mom and Dad were so good at teaching us to be aware of what everyone else is feeling and thinking, and that's just not a common skill that basically anyone else even considers picking up.

Because they suck.

Heather said...

seriously!? The medication thing makes me angry. I'm on antidepressants too and they are less than helpful (the office and pharmacy) about refills. I guess my dr's office wants me to check in all the time for the last year to get refills (every 2 months). I think they have finally wizened up though. the last refill I got says 11 refills! I hope I don't need 11 but I'm glad I have the option.

Good luck!
P.S. You are definitely NOT overreacting.

Anonymous said...

your costume was absolutely awesomeness tho;)