Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Is This Better or Worse?

A few weeks ago I filled in for our organist on Sunday.  He asked me several weeks ahead of time so of course I promptly forgot.  I remembered the Thursday before which means I was 2 days late to let the program lady know what the songs were (she expects them no later than 7pm on Tuesday night).  I don't know if I ever mentioned the feud we had going when I was an organist but I will recap.

It started when I kept forgetting to get her the songs in time.  Honestly I am a good enough pianist I don't need a whole week to practice and Tuesday IS early to provide information.  She put "N/A" for a while.  Then she moved on to writing "Not Provided" in the song area.  She then put "Not Provided In Time" which made me purposefully forget to give her the numbers and earned her a talking to by the Bishop.  Things got a little better going back down to "Not Provided."


I eventually got released and promptly forgot about it. We got a new bishop so I guess she feels a little more free in what she can write.  A few weeks ago, when I filled in, I didn't provide it in time and she wrote "Look At Stage For Numbers On Board."  Wow.

What happened to leaving it blank or just writing TBA ????
A random cute picture of a puppy I wanted but Eric wouldn't let me get.  Because every post needs something to look at!

5 comments:

Julia said...

WHOA. Someone takes their calling WAY too seriously. Passive-aggressive, much? Next time, you should tape a sign where the numbers go saying something like, "Look at program for hymn numbers. Oops! Guess SOMEONE wasn't up to writing the program with a mere four days to spare."

Meg said...

Yikes. Seriously. I recently had a similar experience with a psychotic music director. I will spare you the details but lets just say the young women will not be asked to "serve" at the retirement home any time soon. . .

Susan said...

Church Handbook #2 p. 114 14.2.4-14.2.5- ". . .the music director recommends and conducts the congregational hymns for sacrament meetings. . .the ward organist. . . provides prelude and postlude music and accompaniment for hymns at sacrament meeting." The chorister should choose the hymns and inform you what they are with enough time for you to practice them. (P.S. Steve is our ward organist and I am the chorister. Makes for ease in communication.)

Sharonbees said...

What's next? "Please ask Nicole Stott what songs we're singing, since she's determined to keep it a secret from me"?

Mom/Nancy said...

That's psychotic! When I did the program I put to have the info to me by Thursday, but I always took calls til Sat night late!! Some people!!