Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Eric's Birthday, and Because We Are Over Thirty And Our Birthdays Really Aren't That Exciting: Day 3

Eric turned 34 this year and for some reason every time I saw a calendar and saw the decorations (for Palm Sunday) on his birthday I thought Easter was on his birthday.  It was 2 days before Sunday when I finally realized I had a whole other week to prepare for Easter.  Luckily I was on top of things for Eric's birthday too (which at this point in my year is a miracle).

Even though we have Church at 9:00am the kids were so excited to give Eric his presents I was somehow pushed out of bed a little before 7:00.
Our ever helpful kids.  I think Eric actually got to unwrap a few of his own presents this year.

Eric picked Scotch Bars for his cake.  Mine always turn out sunken in and flatter than his mom's, probably because I add twice as many chocolate chips.  Eric asks why I think recipes always need more chocolate chips than called for and I say to that "Because they are CHOCOLATE chips.  What doesn't need more of them?" I would add more chocolate chips to my bath if my tub worked.
Day 3:  What is the greatest amount of physical pain you have ever endured?

Ha ha ha.  It wasn't all that hard to pick one instance, which is kind of amazing considering I have had 3 C-sections, a gallbladder removed after two years of painful attacks and an appendix removed.  If you combined all of those, added in painful knees and a Chupacabra you would almost the amount of pain of Viral Meningitis.  Almost.

I won't go on and whine about it, but I honestly thought (and then wished) I was going to die.  The worst is when medical personnel tell you it isn't that bad, you probably have a migraine, so you feel stupid for even coming in.  At least the 6th test out of 6 said I wasn't making it all up and that I did indeed have meningitis.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm so sorry to read about the spinal meningitis. I hope you got lots of sympathy. . . before and after the diagnosis!