Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Agree With James - Diamonds or Day 6

Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

Easily becoming a mom.  Most people complained of all the adjustments they had to make when they got married.  They would talk about how hard it was and how it took time to get use to it.  Not me.  I loved being married.  It was just like dating, but we never had to say goodbye at night.  I never felt the angst of trying to merge two lives.  We made a pretty smooth transition.

Becoming a mom?  My whole life changed overnight.  Well, really over the morning since Ethan was born in the early afternoon.  I had an unexpected C-section, and I went from being in college classes with lots of adult interaction to staying at home, with no adult interaction, and a constantly crying baby.  No matter what I did Ethan was never happy.  I felt I had failed at being a mom. Not too surprisingly I developed postpartum depression (depression, not blues), and my life has never been the same.

I am so grateful for my 3 beautiful kids, but having kids is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done.


Good thing they grow up.  They may have been the hardest babies I have ever met, but they sure turned into great kids!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I love your new blog format/layout/design. I love that picture of you holding Ethan as he cries and you are smiling. I love your honesty at how hard motherhood is. I love your writing.

I also love that my security words for this post are
very cookote

Seems right.