Friday, May 16, 2014

Random California Fun

When we moved to Scottsbluff I was very hesitant about moving to someplace so small, but there were a few things that made it tolerable. There was a bookstore, a Starbucks (best hot chocolate!), and a Little Caesars (our favorite pizza place, I know, we are charlatans).  The first to go out of business was the Starbucks which we lost within a year of moving here.  The Little Caesars left, came back, and then left for good.  The bookstore held on for almost 4 years, but it too left.  It has been a lonely, yummy free area for a while now.

So, while in California my mother-in-law took the kids on a picnic and when I was buckling them into seat-belts I smelled the most heavenly smell.  Luckily she is the nicest lady in the world and let me poach a little of the bounty before they left to be attacked by geese.
I think half of why my parents like having the kids visit is they get an excuse to do things like see the newest Muppet movie.  They have a great theater in Lancaster with extra leg room and higher rises between rows.  I'm sure this is pretty standard in the civilized world, but it is still pretty novel to those of us in Hickville.  The theater wasn't crowded so we were putting out feet up on the row ahead of us (which is pretty gross when you think about it, so I choose not to).  Livi wanted to get in on the action:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That pizza looks heavenly!