Monday, July 20, 2009

Better Late than Never, Maybe or "The 4th of July"

I am such a slacker, but I thought maybe I should post some of the wonderful pictures from our great 4th of July celebration. The Bagleys were nice enough to put up with us for the day, and we had a BLAST! We started out by all going to Ice Age 3, which was SOOOOO good, and then headed back to their house to hang out, eat, and eventually do some fireworks.
We had a great BBQ and I actually made potato salad for the first time. Melissa made these awesome fruit kabobs were you put marshmellows on the end, put them on the grill so the marshmellows melt all over, and then you dip it in a raspberry dipping sauce, can I saw AWESOME!
Livi had a love/hate relationship with this waterbottle. I let her have a drink of it, but it was colder than she expected and started crying. For the rest of the evening she kept chewing on the lid, then crying, then chewing on the lid, then crying. It was though she was chewing on it to hurt it back, then crying when she remembered the dreaded drink.
I think inside every man and boy there is a tiny pyromaniac. We set off a few little fireworks before dark to keep the kids entertained, and then for some reason Chad and Eric thought it would be a good idea to lite a giant dandilion on fire. I don't know what disturbs me most, that they did it in front of the boys, or the look on Eric's face.
The kids got to do the biggest sparklers I have ever seen. I think the girls were a little scared, but the pyro boys had a great time.
It wouldn't be a holiday without a funny face from Ethan. Is it just me, or does he look like James here?
Melissa had another great idea and got the kids glow bracklets and wands. The boys decided they were glow swords instead of wands, typical, and had fun waving them at anything they thought they could, or should, chop.
It maybe mother's intuition, or maybe the look on her face, but I think by this point Ella had just about had it. The smoke bombs had agravated her allergies, she's been to a movie, and played with friends for hours. It was two hours past her bedtime, and she was ready to go home. She even asked if she could sit in the car while we did fireworks (I wouldn't let her because I am a mean mom, and we spent too much money on fireworks for her to ignore them).

1 comment:

proudmamablogga said...

That brick looked alarmingly like the apartments in Lincoln. I had a little flashback.